- Phantoms Volleyball scores win over Shonto Prep Oct. 10
The Grand Canyon Phantoms volleyball team hosted Shonto Prep Oct. 10.
- Army vet and paralympic cyclist Shawn Cheshire sets women's rim-to-rim-to-rim record — without seeing a single step
Anyone who has ever wandered even a mile down Bright Angel or South Kaibab trail can attest to the fact ...
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon Phantoms lose to Camp Verde 5-0
The Grand Canyon Phantoms dropped a game to the Camp Verde Cowboys Sept. 20.
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon youth baseball teams still going strong
The Grand Canyon Youth Baseball group is looking to finish its first season strong as the kids learn more fundamentals ...
- Photo highlights: Phantoms score 6-0 victory over Leading Edge Academy
The Grand Canyon Phantoms scored an impressive 6-0 victory over Leading Edge Academy at home Sept. 15.
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon Phantoms volleyball prepares for the season
The Grand Canyon Phantoms volleyball team practices in preparation for the upcoming season, which begins Sept. 8.
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon Phantoms soccer teams set to kick off the season
The Phantoms middle school and high school soccer teams began practice Aug. 6.
- Grand Canyon youth get a taste of baseball during weekly game nights
The pop of baseballs hitting metal bats of the excited cheers of youngsters returned to the Grand Canyon Aug. 7 ...
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon kids take a lesson at British Soccer Camp
Grand Canyon youth participated in Challenger British Soccer Camp June 4-8 at the school soccer field.
- Hualapai Nation allows camping permits for river runners
On June 1, the Hualapai Nation Game and Fish Department issued a public notice about camping on Hualapai land along ...
- Max Hurndon, 12, completes second Grand Canyon kayak transit in 10 days
Twelve-year-old Max Hurndon has just completed his second do-it-yourself paddle of the Grand Canyon, Lee’s Ferry to Pearce Ferry.
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon Phantoms compete at state track meet
Grand Canyon student athletes competed in the state track meet in Mesa May 5.
- Guest column: NAU professor hangs by her fingertips near Havasu Falls
Northern Arizona University professor Jean Balestrery had waited years to finally make the 20-mile round-trip hike to Havasupai Waterfalls in ...
- Phantoms track and field athletes qualify for state meet in Mesa
The Grand Canyon Phantoms have had a busy season as they continue on their quest to qualify for the state ...
- Photo highlights: Phantoms track and field competes at Joseph City March 30
The Grand Canyon Phantoms track and field team competed at the Joseph City high school track meet March 30.
- Williams AYSO soccer sign-ups begin
Youth ages four to 18 are encouraged to sign up for the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) season that runs ...
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon Phantoms compete at Skydome Classic March 3
The Phantoms track and field team competed for the first time this season at the NPA Skydome Classic in Flagstaff ...
- Phantoms finish season, celebrate progress
The Phantoms were unable to take a spot in the state tournament this year, but head coach David Perkins is ...
- Lady Phantoms bow out of state tournament after loss to Baboquivari
The Lady Phantoms’ season ended Feb. 16 with a 63-45 loss to 4th-ranked Baboquivari in the first round of the ...
- Phantoms teams split games, record losses to Mogollon, wins over Mayer
The Phantoms split their last two games, losing to rival Mogollon and picking up wins against Mayer.
- Phantoms persevere: ‘the best basketball we have played in two years’
January has been a month of tough losses and encouraging wins for the Phantoms, and head coach David Perkins said ...
- Lady Phantoms roll despite second loss of the season, beat rival Cibecue
As the season winds down, the Lady Phantoms are ramping up for another post-season run, going 5-1 over their last ...
- Lady Phantoms go on scoring frenzy in runaway win over Mayer
The Lady Phantoms chalked up another runaway win Jan. 6, defeating the Mayer Wildcats 54-31 at home.
- Phantoms thump Mayer Wildcats
The Phantoms jumped out to a 10-point lead and never looked back, defeating the Mayer Wildcats 58-27 at Grand Canyon ...
- Turnovers sink Phantoms in losses to Mogollon, Joseph City
The Phantoms lost a competitive game, 48-38, to 1A Central region rival Mogollon Dec. 15 in Heber, Arizona.