- Water thieves, beware: This Colorado ‘water cop’ is on the case
Dave Huhn usually is off work on Sundays, but when the phone rang one Sunday during the height of irrigation ...
- Name that truck: Tusayan Fire seeks name for new ladder truck
Tusayan Fire Department is having a naming contest for its new ladder truck.
- Ranger on Duty: Sarah Acomb finds a place to call home at Grand Canyon National Park
Every day Grand Canyon Park Ranger Sarah Acomb gets to see the Grand Canyon through the eyes of visitors from ...
- Finding fall in northern Arizona
Visitors looking to take in the colorful changing of the leaves have a variety of options on both the Coconino ...
- OUt of the past: Horse drawn carriages at El Tovar
Horse drawn coaching parties leave the El Tovar Hotel to tour the South Rim, circa 1905.
- Ranger on Duty: Lori Honrath offers guests a warm welcome to Grand Canyon
The first time Lori Honrath saw the Grand Canyon, it was about three decades ago, and it was almost completely ...
- Grand Canyon Rotary Club hosts annual chili cook-off, awards community grants
When it comes to chili, eaters and experts alike tend to disagree on what makes the perfect pot.
- Buck Wild Hummer Tours celebrates opening with ribbon cutting
Buck Wild Grand Canyon Hummer Tours celebrated its grand opening with a launch party and ceremonial ribbon cutting Sept. 11.
- In one canyon, a thousand different views
Twenty-five artists gathered at Grand Canyon for the week-long Celebration of Art Sept. 8-16.
- Grand canyon students participate in International Walk to School Day
Grand Canyon students participate in International Walk to School Day Sept. 6.
- Art students forge connections to the land, water and themselves at Kane Ranch
Looking out over the isolated stretches of wilderness surrounding Kane Ranch, the presence of water is evident. But so is ...
- Poll: Arizona voters prioritize conservation of public lands, support mining ban
In a recent bipartisan poll conducted statewide, Arizona voters signaled their support for recreation on public lands, with 48 percent ...
- Grand Canyon students mentored by jazz greats at annual School of Rock
Sixteen Grand Canyon students came together as a band Aug. 30.
- Reclaiming truths about Native Americans
When you think of Native Americans, what thoughts or images come to mind? A recent report by Reclaiming Native Truth ...
- Art on the Rim: 10th annual Celebration of Art kicks off Sept. 8
The 10th Annual Grand Canyon Celebration of Art takes place Sept. 8 through Jan. 21, 2019 at Grand Canyon National ...
- Rescue Rangers: Grand Canyon search and rescue team practices life-saving techniques
When someone calls for help, search and rescue personnel are training to spring into action.
- Tusayan Mayor Race: Candidate Craig Sanderson
Candidate for Tusayan mayor Craig Sanderson on why he wants to be elected.
- Tailor-made moccasins: Navajo artisan brings craft to the Rim
Anyone who has taken a hike through red rock country can attest to the importance of tough, comfortable footwear.
- Grand Canyon Music Festival celebrates 35 years
In 1983, Robert Bonfiglio and Claire Hoffman had an idea – to fill one of the seven natural wonders of ...
- Wayne Ranney receives 2018 Grand Canyon Historical Society Pioneer Award
The Grand Canyon Historical Society (GCHS) presented its highest honor, the Pioneer Award, to Grand Canyon geologist and author Wayne ...
- Restoring riparian ecosystems: Is non-native tamarisk really the enemy?
About a dozen people crouched in the tall grass of an open field, moving slowly and deliberately through mud that ...
- Help students get organized for a strong start to the school year
School-related stress is common among multi-tasking students.
- AZGFD accepting entries for wildlife calendar photo contest
Do you have a knack for capturing great photos of Arizona’s wildlife?
- Babbitt Ranches holds annual colt sale north of Flagstaff
The 2018 Babbitt Ranch Colt Sale was held at the Spiderweb Camp on the Babbitt Ranch July 14.
- Grand Canyon National Park considers replacing Maswik Lodge
With a history dating back to the Fred Harvey era, Maswik Lodge has been a staple at the Grand Canyon ...