- Grand Canyon Music Festival celebrates 35 years
In 1983, Robert Bonfiglio and Claire Hoffman had an idea – to fill one of the seven natural wonders of ...
- Wayne Ranney receives 2018 Grand Canyon Historical Society Pioneer Award
The Grand Canyon Historical Society (GCHS) presented its highest honor, the Pioneer Award, to Grand Canyon geologist and author Wayne ...
- Restoring riparian ecosystems: Is non-native tamarisk really the enemy?
About a dozen people crouched in the tall grass of an open field, moving slowly and deliberately through mud that ...
- Help students get organized for a strong start to the school year
School-related stress is common among multi-tasking students.
- AZGFD accepting entries for wildlife calendar photo contest
Do you have a knack for capturing great photos of Arizona’s wildlife?
- Babbitt Ranches holds annual colt sale north of Flagstaff
The 2018 Babbitt Ranch Colt Sale was held at the Spiderweb Camp on the Babbitt Ranch July 14.
- Grand Canyon National Park considers replacing Maswik Lodge
With a history dating back to the Fred Harvey era, Maswik Lodge has been a staple at the Grand Canyon ...
- Artisan Elroy Natachu Jr. uses traditional weaving methods to link Zuni past and future generations
Like many agrarian tribes of the American Southwest, the people of Zuni Pueblo dedicate time, energy and art to praying ...
- In heat of fire season, equipment lags behind at Tusayan Fire District
It’s a typical warm summer morning in northern Arizona, but inside the engine bays at the Tusayan Fire Department, the ...
- Online passes available for Grand Canyon National Park
During peak visiting season, lines at the Grand Canyon National Park entrance gate can become frustratingly long as visitors pay ...
- A new beginning for Bella's Place
Raising kids is hard work.
- Photo highlights: Kaibab Learning Center holds preschool graduation
Preschoolers say goodbye to Kaibab Learning Center May 31 at its annual graduation ceremony.
- Stubbornly steadfast: Mules have kept the Grand Canyon moving since the 1880s
Thousands of years ago, in what’s now Turkey, someone bred a horse with a donkey.
- Scout Moore highlights NPS's junior ranger program
Excitable, bespectacled and ever curious, Scout Moore aspires to be a junior ranger for the National Park Service.
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon West’s Skywalk gets a good scrub
With tens of thousands of visitors per year, the Grand Canyon Skywalk’s glass walls collect millions of finger and footprints.
- Zuni fetish carver Mike Tucson shares beauty of fetish tradition
Who do you call on when you need a little shot of strength, self-reliance or wisdom?
- Photo highlights: Bears and badgers cool off with birthday treats
Animals at Bearizona enjoy frozen birthday treats for the park’s 8th anniversary May 22.
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon Rotary Club inducts Scott, Schoppmann
Michael Scott and John Schoppmann inducted into the Grand canyon Rotary on the Rim at the group’s May 9 meeting. ...
- Annual Flagstaff Hullabaloo returns to Wheeler Park June 2 & 3
With parades, food, local microbrews and live music, the annual Flagstaff Hullabaloo returns to Wheeler Park June 2 from 10 ...
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi coming to IMAX June 1
The National Geographic Visitor Center IMAX will bring a blockbuster new release for the second time June 1 – Star ...
- Sara Newton and David Sheppard set to leave Grand Canyon on a new adventure — for now
After six years teaching science and culinary arts at Grand Canyon School, Sara Newton and David Sheppard are riding off ...
- Photo highlights: Band students perform final concerts of the year May 16
The Grand Canyon middle and high school bands perform their final concert of the year May 17 in the school’s ...
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon Cub Scouts visit Bearizona May 5
The Grand Canyon Cub Scouts visited Bearizona May 5.
- Summer fun starts here: community to host activities for all ages starting May 28
As of May 25, school is officially out for the summer.
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon West celebrates 30 years April 28
The Hualapai Tribe celebrated the 30th anniversary of Grand Canyon West April 28.